Course Title: Dissertation
Course Code: UU-MPA-7080-MW
Programme: Master of Public Administration (MPA) - MW
This module will enable students to develop an understanding and obtain practical experience of the research process and research skills required to undertake an independent research project. Each student will work under the guidance of an academic supervisor. The module involves a significant piece of student-directed learning, based on a detailed investigation into a key area related to the award. It may take the form of either an empirical or desk-based study.
The main objectives of the course are:
- To introduce students to the intellectual and scholarly requirements of producing an extended piece of written postgraduate research
- To demonstrate originality
- To define the issue under investigation and a succinct statement of the aims of the study
- To develop a critical reflection on the theoretical frame established for the study
- To use of appropriate research methodology.
Prerequisites: UU-M-IND100, UU-FNT-203, UU-MPA-7000-MW, UU-MPA-7010-MW, UU-MPA-7020-MW, UU-MPA-7030-MW, UU-MPA-7040-MW, UU-MPA-7050-MW, UU-MPA-7060-MW, UU-MPA-7070-MW
Typical Module duration: 7.0 Week(s)