Inclusive Classroom Management and Assessment Module Details
Course Title: Inclusive Classroom Management and Assessment
Course Code: UU-PED(U)-2010-MW
Inclusive classroom management and assessment enables effective teaching and learning to ensure that all children learn and succeed in school. This module explains how effective teaching starts with teachers mastering subject matter content, classroom management, and knowledge of each and every learner. The module explains how knowing learners individually helps teachers tailor the teaching and learning experience to the learner’s diverse needs thus making inclusive education possible. The module also covers how teachers need to have in-depth knowledge of the various types of disability, learning difficulties, learning styles, and assessment methods.
This module aims to prepare student teachers to practice inclusive education, how to manage an inclusive classroom, and how to teach and assess learners within an inclusive environment.
Module Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the module, students should be able to:
1. Define inclusive classroom management.
2. Appraise theories of inclusive education.
3. Apply knowledge of inclusive education in classroom management.
4. Assess learners in an inclusive classroom.
5. Design a safe, secure and caring classroom environment.
6. Solve problems of violent and disruptive learner behavior.
7. Manage large and diverse classrooms.
Prerequisites Categories: -
Typical Module duration: 7.0 Week(s)