Bridging Module B.Ed. in Primary EducationModule Details
Course Title: Bridging Module B.Ed. in Primary Education
Course Code: UU-PED-1000-MW
This module introduces mature entry students with existing experience of teaching to several critical educational foundation subjects, namely the history, philosophy and ethics of education, the psychology and sociology of education and elements of curriculum development.
The aim of this module is to provide enhanced knowledge in several critical educational foundation subjects, namely the history, philosophy and ethics of education, the psychology and sociology of education and elements of curriculum development and how these disciplines interact with education in the context of today’s society.
Module Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the module, students should be able to:
1. Describe the ways in which history, philosophy and ethics relate to and shape education.
2. Explore the different branches of philosophy of education and its relation to philosophy.
3. Assess the role of ethics in schools and their implications for teachers and on the curriculum
4. Identify the basic concepts used in sociology, philosophy, and psychology.
5. Investigate the social factors that affect academic performance in schools
6. Assess the role that gender plays in education.
7. Apply learning theories in teaching, learning and assessment.
8. Apply curriculum theories to classroom practice.
9. Exhibit ethical behavior as pronounced in the teacher’s code of conduct.
Prerequisites Categories: -
Typical Module duration: 7.0 Week(s)