Introduction to Information TechnologyModule Details
Course Title: Introduction to Information Technology
Course Code: UU-COM(U)-1010-MW
This introductory course in Information Technology is designed to introduce students to the world of digital technology and expose them to systems and applications that will be of great use in their workplace and career in general.
This module aims at enhancing students with knowledge of digital world, file management, data storage, data security, basic operating system features, e-mail, newsgroups, multimedia and give students hands-on experience on popular application software packages.
Module Learning Outcomes
After completion of the course students should be able to:
- Describe computer hardware fundamentals.
- Apply file management principles.
- Differentiate between applications software and system software.
- Navigate the Windows environment proficiently.
- Create word processing documents using word processing fundamentals.
- Solve problems using electronic spreadsheets.
- Create simple databases and web pages.
- Apply queries to search for a range of data.
- Prepare attractive presentations using presentation graphics software.
- Navigate the World Wide Web using browser software to, search, and explore the Web.
- Communicate via e-mail, newsgroups, multimedia, and other Internet services and resources.
Prerequisites Categories: Year 1
Typical Module duration: 7.0 Week(s)