Course Title: Dissertation
Course Code: UU-MBA-711-MW
Programme: Master of Business Administration (MBA) - Oil, Gas and Energy Management
This module will enable students to develop an understanding and obtain practical experience of the research process and research skills required to undertake an independent research project. Each student will work under the guidance of an academic supervisor. The module involves a significant piece of student-directed learning, based on a detailed investigation into a key area related to the programme. It may take the form of either an empirical or desk-based study
The aim of the module is to introduce students to the intellectual and scholarly requirements of producing, and providing a report on, an extended piece of original postgraduate research.
Module Learning Outcomes
By the end of this module, students will be expected at threshold level to:
1. Identify a suitable area and/or issue for investigation, which has professional relevance.
2. Analyse, and critically reflect on, an issue relating to the focus area of research,
3. Formulate a research approach that gives realistic recommendations and/or implementation strategies appropriate to the context
4. Conduct and manage a project based on a defined approach and defined timelines
5. Analyse the findings in relation to specific aims, objectives and criteria for assessment.
6. Evaluate research findings.
7. Produce a substantive written report in the form of a dissertation.
Prerequisites: UU-MBA-710-MW, UU-MBA-715-MW, UU-MBA-717-MW, UU-M-IND100, UU-FNT-203, UU-MBA-730-MW, UU-MBA-731-MW, UU-MBA-732-MW, UU-MBA-709-MW, UU-MBA-708-MW
Prerequisites Categories: -
Typical Module duration: 14.0 Week(s)