Accounting and Economics in Oil and GasModule Details
Course Title: Accounting and Economics in Oil and Gas
Course Code: UU-MBA-730-MW
The aim of the module is to equip students with skills and knowledge needed in strategic leadership and practice.
Module Learning Outcomes
After completion of the module students should be able to:
1. Take action to strategically lead and develop the organizations to undertake a critical appraisal of strategic theory within their organisational context
2. Appraise how aspects of knowledge and systems thinking impact on strategic management
3. Appraise strategic theory within their organisational context or the context of an organisation with which they are familiar
1. Managing knowledge
- Key strategic resource knowledge.
- Achieving competitive advantage.
- The 'soft' end of knowledge management.
- The 'hard' edge where the use of IT and IS are seen as a crucial aspect of the knowledge creation process.
2. Managing innovation
- Creative process in the development of new and improved products and services.
- Innovation in product and process.
3. Managing complexity
- Environmental and organizational complexity: a key strategic challenge for organisations in the 21st century.
- Complex adaptive systems that emerge as a result of unexpected and discontinuous change will be explored.
4. Managing a business responsibly
- Corporate social responsibility and acting ethically.
- The role of social capital alongside other capitals.
5. Managing strategic discourse
- The use of tools, framework and language underpins human behaviour.
- Practices that leaders employ in strategic change.
Prerequisites Categories: -
Typical Module duration: 7.0 Week(s)