ProgrammesModule: Risk Management in Finance
Course Title: Risk Management in Finance
Course Code: UU-MBA-751-MW
Programme: Master of Business Administration (MBA) - Finance - MW
To provide the students with an in-depth understanding of how financial corporations can identify risks, how financial risks are quantified, as well as the management and control of financial risk. Risk management plays an important role in any financial institution decision making process and control. Hence, knowledge in risk management techniques is valuable for a finance student.
The course aims at enhancing students’ understanding various financial instruments options and how they can be used to prevent undesirable financial risks.
Module Learning Outcomes
After completion of the course students should be able to:
- Explain the regulatory framework of financial risk management.
- Identify the financial risks a firm is subject to.
- Apply the theoretical knowledge to quantify the identified risks.
- Apply qualitative and quantitative approaches to risk management at the firm level.
- Discuss the financial markets data which are necessary for risk management in the internet and in databases.
- Determine the appropriate technique to employ according to the nature of the risk and the regulatory guidelines.
- Produce risk assessment reports at global level according to the regulatory guidelines.
Prerequisites: UU-MBA-717-MW, UU-M-IND100, UU-FNT-203, UU-MBA-709-MW, UU-MBA-708-MW
Prerequisites Categories: -
Typical Module duration: 7.0