ProgrammesModule: Research Practices
Course Title: Research Practices
Course Code: UU-MBA-715-MW
Programme: Master of Business Administration (MBA) - Management - MW
This module covers both the qualitative and the quantitative approaches to carrying out research and introduces different research philosophies operating in a business and management context so that students are better prepared to undertake critical analyses.
The aim of the module is to enhance students’ understanding and practical application of different methods of scientific investigation and data analysis in a business context
Module Learning Outcomes
By the end of this module, students will be expected at threshold level to:
1. Identify the main differences between qualitative and quantitative research.
2. Identify the type and the main characteristics of business research.
3. Identify a suitable area and issue for research through a thorough literature search.
4. Conduct literature review in order to investigate an issue.
5. Identify a research topic related to business.
6. Generate a research question in accordance with the guidelines of Qualitative and Quantitative study.
7. Develop a research purpose for a Qualitative and Quantitative study.
8. Identify a suitable issue for exploring through qualitative research.
9. Apply qualitative methods for data collection on research.
10. Select a sampling method in order to satisfy a proposed research question.
11. Discuss the effectiveness of sampling methods for a research article.
12. Identify the ethics issues related to business research.
13. Apply ethics issues on their research.
14. Identify a suitable issue for exploring through quantitative research.
15. Apply quantitative methods for data collection and research.
16. Analyze findings in relation to the research objectives and qualitative methods of data collection.
17. Produce a report for the findings of the data analysis.
18. Analyze findings in relation to the research objective and quantitative methods of data collection.
19. Produce a report for the findings of the data analysis. 20. Present the results of the data analysis.
Prerequisites: UU-MBA-710-MW, UU-MBA-714-MW, UU-MBA-717-MW, UU-M-IND100, UU-FNT-203, UU-MBA-719-MW, UU-MBA-709-MW, UU-MBA-708-MW
Prerequisites Categories: -
Typical Module duration: 7.0