ProgrammesModule: The Industry of Oil & Gas
Course Title: The Industry of Oil & Gas
Course Code: UU-MBA-731-MW
Programme: Master of Business Administration (MBA) - Oil, Gas and Energy Management - MW
The main purpose of this module is to provide a deeper knowledge to the industry of oil and gas. This module will enable students to develop advanced skills in financial and economic management in the oil and gas industry, while learning a wide range of analytical techniques.
The aim of the module is to provide knowledge related to the nature and function of companies and other organizations affected by financial, commercial and contractual activities. Module Learning Outcomes
After completion of the module students are should be able to:
1. Assess the objectives and functions of companies and organizations in the challenging oil and gas supply chain
2. Evaluate the relationships between the companies and various organizations in the challenging oil and gas supply chain.
3. Assess the importance of marketing and marketing issues to demanding oil and gas organizations
4. Analyse the risks associated with this challenging oil and gas industry across the lifecycle of a development and/or lifecycle of a basin
1. The lifecycle of an oil field, including the three main stages
2. Understanding of the role of the various key components in the oil and gas industry
Oil and gas companies
External bodies (e.g. non-oil bodies).
3. The concept of operators
How operators dismiss their legal and commercial obligations
The marketing basics
Market segmentation and supplier selection
Price designation and the sales process.
4. Review of risks occurring in the industry
The influence of oil price valuations
Provision of a new perspective
Provision of support for gaining a critical resource
Facilitating organizational change
Prerequisites: UU-MBA-717-MW, UU-M-IND100, UU-FNT-203, UU-MBA-709-MW, UU-MBA-708-MW
Prerequisites Categories: -
Typical Module duration: 7.0 Week(s)