ProgrammesModule: Visual Programming
Course Title: Visual Programming
Course Code: UU-COM-2003
Programme: Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Computer Science - MW - BL
Objectives of the Course:
• develop algorithmic, object-based and event-driven thinking and problem solving skills.
• introduce the concepts of designing a graphical user interface and associate the interface with the program code.
• introduce the concepts and techniques of programming in general and Visual, Object-Oriented, and Event-Driven programming in a specific Visual Integrated Development Environment.
• develop programs that responds to exception conditions raised during execution.
• introduce the concepts of Visual Programming, namely Controls and Constructs, Variable, Decisions, Loops, Arrays, Multi-form applications, File Handling, and integrating components like Web forms, Graphics, Animation, and Sound.
1. analyze problems and find abstract solutions
2. apply components based concepts and problem solving techniques
3. critically asses the object-oriented, GUI-based, and event driven programming paradigms
4. translate an abstract solution into an application with the appropriate user interface
5. develop (write/debug/correct) applications using an Integrated Development Environment
6. reuse and integrate components into the solution application Course Contents:
1. Problem solving techniques; abstract programming
2. Object-oriented, event-driven, GUI application programming concepts
3. The Visual Integrated Development Environment
Prerequisites: UU-ACG-1000, UU-MKT-2000, UU-MAN-2010, UU-BBA-2000, UU-ENG-1000, UU-ENG-1001, UU-ENG-1005, UU-COM-1000, UU-MTH-1000, UU-MTH-2000, UU-BA-IND100, UU-FNT-103