ProgrammesModule: Programming II
Course Title: Programming II
Course Code: UU-COM-2004
Programme: Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Computer Science - MW - BL
Objectives of the Course:
• build on the knowledge already acquired in Programming I, by focusing on the more advanced concepts of procedural programming.
• enable the students to develop algorithmic thinking and problem solving.
• introduce dynamic memory allocation.
• provide practical experience in manipulating data strings, arrays, pointers and structures.
• provide the fundamentals of recursion.
• introduce students to I/O file stream and data files.
• introduce Object-Oriented Programming.
1. use built-in data structures to organize and process information.
2. develop algorithms and choose suitable data structures to produce solutions for complex problems using procedural programming.
3. develop working programs using the more advanced concepts such as pointers and arrays of structures.
4. develop programs using dynamic memory allocation.
5. describe and use recursion.
6. develop programs that use I/O file streams and data files.
7. apply the fundamentals of Object-Oriented Programming.
8. develop simple object-oriented programs.
9. develop applications consisting of multiple source files.
Prerequisites: UU-ACG-1000, UU-MKT-2000, UU-MAN-2010, UU-BBA-2000, UU-ENG-1000, UU-ENG-1001, UU-ENG-1005, UU-COM-1000, UU-MTH-1000, UU-MTH-1005, UU-MTH-2000, UU-MTH-3000, UU-COM-1100, UU-COM-1101, UU-COM-2000, UU-COM-2001, UU-COM-2002, UU-COM-2003, UU-COM-3000, UU-COM-3002, UU-COM-3003, UU-COM-3005, UU-COM-4008, UU-COM-4009, UU-BA-IND100, UU-FNT-103, UU-BBA-2010-BCS