ProgrammesModule: Web Technologies and Introduction to E-business
Course Title: Web Technologies and Introduction to E-business
Course Code: UU-COM-3021-MW
Programme: Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Computer Science - MW
The Module introduces the concept of World Wide Web and the Internet and the technologies that are used in web programming like Domain Name System, IIS and Apache WEB servers. The notion of cloud computing is also tackled in this module.
This Module’s aims at providing insight into emerging technologies to design and develop state of - the art web applications using client-side scripting, server-side scripting, and database connectivity.
Module Learning Outcomes
After completing the module students should be able to:
- Describe the WWW and the internet
- Design valid, well-formed, scalable, and meaningful pages using emerging technologies.
- Develop client-side and server-side scripting language programs
- Develop Database Driven Websites
- Design Web Services for data and document centric applications.
- Configure IIS and web servers
- Develop web-based applications using various web programming languages
- Register an internet domain and manage a domain name server
- Appraise e-business platforms
Prerequisites: UU-BA-IND100, UU-FNT-103
Prerequisites Categories: Year 1, Year 2
Typical Module duration: 7.0 Week(s)