ProgrammesModule: Object Oriented Designing and Development
Course Title: Object Oriented Designing and Development
Course Code: UU-COM-2014-MW
Programme: Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Computer Science - MW
The module demonstrates basic object-oriented concepts for simple as well as complex (private classes, objects, encapsulation, inheritance and polymorphism). It also identifies the key Object-Oriented Concepts (OO Concepts) required to build an OO system.
This module aims at helping students acquire the knowledge and programming skills of basic principles of the object-oriented programming as a new paradigm for software development using JAVA programming language.
Module Learning Outcomes
After completing the module students should be able to:
- Analyse problems and find abstract OO solutions
- Explain the advantages of OO designing and development over structural program development
- Explain the key features of OO development paradigm
- Utilise UML notation to design OO systems
- Identify the basic ideas behind class hierarchies, polymorphism, and programming to interfaces
- Explain the capabilities of several java API's and demonstrate appropriately the utilization of them
- Identify the object-oriented, windows-based and event driven programming paradigms
- Design, write and execute programs in Java.
- Design and develop (write/debug/correct) Java source code and GUI programs with specified requirements
- Identify basic principles of object-oriented program design/ advanced issues related to extrapolate manipulation of classes and methods-such as data.
Prerequisites: UU-BA-IND100, UU-FNT-103
Prerequisites Categories: Year 1
Typical Module duration: 7.0 Week(s)