ProgrammesModule: Computer Programming
Course Title: Computer Programming
Course Code: UU-COM-2013-MW
Programme: Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Computer Science - MW
This module introduces various concepts of programming to the students using any chosen language. Students will use structured programming by means of the syntax and semantics of a high-level structured programming language. The module also examines several development methodologies which may be used to manage the software development process.
This module aims at introducing students to programming language and help them develop good programming practices which will give students the foundation that will allow them pursue more advanced programming topics.
Module Learning Outcomes
After completing the module students should be able to:
- Develop Basic Programs using chosen programming language
- Develop function-based programs
- Explain File Processing.
- Develop GUI.
- Describe Client Server Programming.
- Apply problem solving skills and implement any real-world problems
- Analyze and explain the behavior of simple programs
- Choose appropriate conditional and iteration constructs for a given programming
- Apply the techniques of structured (functional) decomposition to break a program into smaller pieces.
- Process information through using built-in data structures.
- Use recursion.
- Develop programs that use i/o file streams and data files
Prerequisites: UU-BA-IND100, UU-FNT-103
Prerequisites Categories: Year 1
Typical Module duration: 7.0