ProgrammesModule: Performance Management
Course Title: Performance Management
Course Code: UU-MAN-4500-MW
Programme: Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Accounting - MW
This module exposes students to suitable areas of management techniques and students will develop skills in assessing, explaining and applying alternative costing systems. In addition, students will be able to apply budgeting techniques and distinguish between information and categories of business decisions.
The main objectives of the course are:
- To explain, apply and evaluate alternative costing systems and management techniques.
- To provide an in-depth understanding of the use of standard costing to measure and evaluate performance and to take remedial action.
- To apply budgeting techniques and evaluate alternative methods of budgeting, planning and control.
- To explain the agency theory and show how to assess the performance of business units and managers within the organization.
- To train students to identify and measure information which is relevant for different types of business decisions.
Prerequisites: UU-BA-IND100, UU-FNT-103
Prerequisites Categories: Year 1, Year 2, Year 3
Typical Module duration: 7.0 Week(s)