ProgrammesModule: Personal Finance
Course Title: Personal Finance
Course Code: UU-FNE-1001-MW
Programme: Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Finance - MW - BL
Personal Finance is the study of finance which involves the understanding of concepts regarding personal finances, how an individual should proceed with their financial planning and management as well as distinguish between various personal investment opportunities.
This module aims at introducing students to main areas of an individual’s finance interests, concepts of personal financial planning and management, decision-making process regarding personal financial management and help them understand personal finance.
Module Learning Outcomes
After completing the module students should be able to::
1. Apply basic personal financial management techniques.
2. Identify the importance of personal financial planning and investment.
3. Analyze the markets for housing and other property related assets, personal borrowing and consumer related loans, stock and bond investments, stock, bond, securities and other investments markets.
4. Explain income tax provisions and basic tax planning principles.
5. Define personal and life insurance principles and applications.
6. Explain the importance of personal financial planning for an individual.
Prerequisites: UU-BA-IND100, UU-FNT-103