ProgrammesModule: Investment Management
Course Title: Investment Management
Course Code: UU-MAN-4550-MW
Programme: Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Finance - MW
This module considers the essential, underlying theory and concepts that are involved in the handling of investments and the looks at the basic concepts regarding the pricing of financial instruments. Students will also be able to explore various investment strategies in order to reach fruitful results.
This module aims at introducing students to financial markets and instruments and investment strategies and apply standard models of financial economics to problems of portfolio optimization to be able to handle diversification, immunization and risk management
Module Learning Outcomes
After completing the module students should be able to:
1. Demonstrate a familiarity with portfolio theory and equilibrium-based asset pricing models such as the CAPM.
2. Evaluate the performance of an investment portfolio and understand the role that skill and luck play in observed investment outcomes.
3. Demonstrate a familiarity with the theories and empirical studies of efficiency in major financial markets.
4. Analyze concepts related to the pricing of financial instruments.
5. Identify the behavior of individual investors and systematic trading biases, as well as the implications on capital market efficiency.
6. Communicate an investment strategy and trade according to the strategy.
Prerequisites: UU-BA-IND100, UU-FNT-103
Typical Module duration: 7.0 Week(s)