ProgrammesModule: Advanced Financial Management
Course Title: Advanced Financial Management
Course Code: UU-ACG-3100-MW
Programme: Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Finance - MW
The module enables the students to develop an in-depth understanding of various financial management techniques and procedures regarding resources, capitals and internal operations.
This module aims at equipping students with knowledge of financial management techniques suitable for all commercial organizations and utilization as well as controlling of funds within the organization.
Module Learning Outcomes
After completing the module students should be able to:
1. Explain the role and purpose of financial management.
2. Evaluate the overall management of working capital.
3. Assess appropriate sources of finance for particular situations.
4. Appraise capital investment through the use of appropriate methods.
5. Prepare budgets and use them to control and evaluate organizational performance.
6. Communicate the results of their analysis in an appropriate form to all interested parties.
7. Analyze risk management techniques in business.
Prerequisites: UU-BA-IND100, UU-FNT-103
Prerequisites Categories: Year 1, Year 2
Typical Module duration: 7.0