ProgrammesModule: Writing Methods
Course Title: Writing Methods
Course Code: UU-ENG-1000
Programme: Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Business Administration - MW - BL
Objectives of the Course:
1. Increase the students’ awareness and ability in different common styles of writing
2. Develop the students’ academic writing skills
3. Revise and utilise techniques of composing grammatically correct sentences
4. Provide students with deep knowledge of the writing process and the strategies to develop, organize, and review ideas in English paragraphs and essays
5. Cover problem areas in the use of grammar and mechanics Basic Writing is at Level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
1. Demonstrate an awareness of the writing process, sentence structure, punctuation and spelling.
2. Compose different types of effective outlines and understandable, coherent paragraphs that have a clearly stated topic sentence.
3. Compose well developed common essay genres with a clearly stated thesis statement.
4. Compose introductions, body paragraphs and conclusions for essays.
5. Recognize and correct fragments, comma splices, and run-on sentences.
6. Employ the most effective words for concise writing
Prerequisites: UU-BA-IND100, UU-FNT-103