ProgrammesModule: Hospitality and Tourism Law
Course Title: Hospitality and Tourism Law
Course Code: UU-HRM-2037
Programme: Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Hospitality Management - MW - BL
Objectives of the Course:
• To provide an understanding of the rights, obligations and liabilities concerning laws and regulations which govern the hospitality and travel industry.
• Students will acquire the knowledge needed to facilitate compliance with regards to regulations concerning hotels, restaurants and travel operations.
1. Identify the legislation relevant to the statutory compliance of organizations;
2. Undertake the proper licensing procedures for tourism and hospitality operations;
3. Develop and honour business contracts;
4. Identify and effectively handle liability and rights issues;
5. Comply with employment legislation;
6. Comply with customer liability legislation;
7. Comply with health and safety legislation;
Prerequisites: UU-ACG-1000, UU-MKT-2000, UU-MAN-2010, UU-BBA-2000, UU-ENG-1000, UU-ENG-1001, UU-ENG-1005, UU-COM-1000, UU-MTH-1000, UU-MTH-1005, UU-MTH-2000, UU-MTH-3000, UU-HOM-1000, UU-HOM-1010, UU-HOM-2010, UU-HOM-2020, UU-HOM-3000, UU-HOM-3005, UU-HOM-3010, UU-HRM-2000, UU-HRM-2045, UU-HRM-3070, UU-BA-IND100, UU-FNT-103, UU-ACG-1001-BHM, UU-PSH-1000-BHM, UU-PSH-1100-BHM