ProgrammesModule: Tourism Environmental Management
Course Title: Tourism Environmental Management
Course Code: UU-HRM-4050
Programme: Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Hospitality Management - MW
Objectives of the Course:
• Enable students to describe and understand the specific features of environmental management in the hospitality and tourism industry;
• To evaluate how environmental management systems relate to management as a whole;
• To critically assess environmental impact issues related to hospitality and tourism activities.
1. Identify a number of global environmental problems and explain the principles, theories and application of environmental management in the hospitality & tourism industry.
2. Analyze and evaluate the reasons why environmental management is increasingly important in the hospitality & tourism industry.
3. Recognize and analyze the operational constraints and legal obligations surrounding environmental performance in the hospitality & tourism industry.
4. Interpret environmental theory and critically apply it to real life cases.
5. Communicate and react proactively to the stakeholders in the hospitality & tourism industry in the areas of environmental management.
6. Present ideas to different audiences using appropriate media and use IT as a communication and learning tool.
Prerequisites: UU-ACG-1000, UU-MKT-2000, UU-MAN-2010, UU-BBA-2000, UU-ENG-1000, UU-ENG-1001, UU-ENG-1005, UU-COM-1000, UU-MTH-1000, UU-MTH-1005, UU-MTH-2000, UU-MTH-3000, UU-HOM-1000, UU-HOM-1010, UU-HOM-2010, UU-HOM-2020, UU-HOM-3000, UU-HOM-3005, UU-HOM-3010, UU-HOM-3020, UU-HOM-4080, UU-HRM-2000, UU-HRM-2037, UU-HRM-2045, UU-HRM-3040, UU-HRM-3070, UU-HRM-4000, UU-HRM-2046, UU-BA-IND100, UU-FNT-103, UU-ACG-1001-BHM, UU-PSH-1000-BHM, UU-PSH-1100-BHM, UU-SOC-1000-BHM, UU-MAN-4000-BHM, UU-BBA-4020-BHM, UU-HRM-3030-BHM