ProgrammesModule: Front Office management
Course Title: Front Office management
Course Code: UU-HOM-2020
Programme: Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Hospitality Management - MW
Objectives of the Course:
• Provide the ability to analyze and evaluate the guest cycle with the aim of
exceeding guest expectations.
• Develop skills in the management and implementation of guest service.
• Develop the ability to evaluate the significance of the hotel revenue cycle in order
to optimize revenues.
1. Describe the critical role of the front office in hotel operations, focusing on
communication and customer service both within the front office and with other
2. Articulate the responsibilities of a front office manager ( students should be
able to understand the responsibilities of the different front office positions
3. Discuss daily operations of the front office (students should be able to design
departmental organization scheduling).
4. Identify the traits and skills needed for by front office employees ( students
should acquire the necessary skills needed for front office positions)
5. Trace the flow of information( students should be able to control and critical
evaluate information from reservations through the night audit)
6. Use software’s for front office applications( students should acquire the
necessary knowledge in order to be able to use front office software’s that
requires a set of communication and computer skills and be familiar with the
GDS and CRS
7. Describe the application of yield management (students should be able to use
room revenue maximization techniques).
8. Discuss the role of the front office in security and loss prevention( students
should acquire knowledge on security systems and policies)
9. Define hospitality terms and phrases (students should be able to use hospitality
front office terminology leading to effective and efficient communication )
10. Analyze real-world case studies that relate to the front office (students should
be able to critical analyse given front office scenarios and provide solutions
leading to practical implementation of their supervisory skills).
11. Describe the requirements for promotion into front office supervision and
management ( students should acquire knowledge and ability on evaluate skills
and competencies needed for career development in front office management)
Prerequisites: UU-ACG-1000, UU-MKT-2000, UU-MAN-2010, UU-BBA-2000, UU-ENG-1000, UU-ENG-1001, UU-ENG-1005, UU-COM-1000, UU-MTH-1000, UU-MTH-1005, UU-MTH-2000, UU-MTH-3000, UU-HOM-1000, UU-HRM-2045, UU-BA-IND100, UU-FNT-103, UU-ACG-1001-BHM