Course Title: Marketing
Course Code: UU-MKT-2000
Programme: Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Business Administration - MW
Objectives of the Course:
To provide the students with a comprehensive understanding of the Marketing Concept, Philosophy, Practice and Processes. Major emphasis is placed on the elements of the Marketing mix.
1. To explain the importance of understanding customers and the marketplace and identify the core marketplace concepts. (Students are expected to appreciate the role of marketing in understanding customers’ needs and wants and providing value and customer satisfaction).
2. To explain marketing’s role in strategic planning and how marketing works to create and deliver customer value. (Students are required to identify and analyze the elements of the strategic planning process).
3. To analyze the environmental forces that affect a company’s ability to serve its customers and how companies can react to the marketing environment. (Students are expected to identify and describe the micro and macro environmental factors and forces that influence the company’s activities).
4. To describe how consumers’ personal, cultural, social and psychological characteristic can influence consumer buying behavior. (Students are expected to know the factors affecting consumer behavior and to identify the role/s a consumer assumes in the decision-making process).
5. To analyze how the Marketing Information System and Marketing Research support marketing decision making. (Students are expected to identify and assess the factors and decisions that affect the design, development and use of the Marketing Information System and the Marketing Research Process).
6. To analyze the four elements of the Marketing Mix Strategy (Students are required to identify, explain and analyze the four elements of the marketing mix strategy, product, price place and promotion as well as to identify the most important decisions that need to be taken in designing, developing and implementing these tools).
Prerequisites: UU-BA-IND100, UU-FNT-103