ProgrammesModule: Global Business
Course Title: Global Business
Course Code: UU-BBA-4013
Programme: Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Business Administration - MW
Objectives of the Course:
Make students aware of the nature of international business in terms of culture, international trade and foreign investment worldwide cover in detail the various factors of the complex international business environment provide students with in-depth knowledge on the required skills and competences in the international business arena thoroughly discuss with the students the strategic and operational task requirements for working in an international, multinational or global company.
1. critically compare the key concepts referring to international trade and globalization
2. analyze the influence of macro- and organizational environment on organizational and individual international management behavior
3. apply international communication skills
4. explain the meaning of values as determinant factors in international business.
5. prepare strategies and operations to reduce and overcome barriers that hinder effective international co-operation between companies
6. analyze cross-functional and supply chain perspectives
7. critically compare international business knowledge and skills required to differentiate established Western economies and transition/developing countries
Prerequisites: UU-BA-IND100, UU-FNT-103