ProgrammesModule: Micro and Macro Economics
Course Title: Micro and Macro Economics
Course Code: UU-ECO-1010/2010-MW
Programme: Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Business Administration - MW
This module introduces students to the principles of Business communications. It will enable students to develop key communication skills, oral, non-verbal and written to assist them to communicate effectively in business settings.
This module aims to enable students to be able to identify, communication patterns that lead to effective communication; patterns that create barriers to good communication, and explore strategies to reduce or eliminate barriers to effective communication.
Module Learning Outcomes
After completing of this module students should be able to:
- Select and apply specific communication skills to meet the demands of the business micro and macro environment
- Plan, design and deliver effective oral presentations, using appropriate medium for current business practices
- Produce professional documentation following accepted conventions of design, structure and content which is grammatically and technically correct
- Demonstrate an understanding and have the skills to communicate and operate effectively in a co-operative working environment
- Discuss contemporary communication issues and their impact on communication processes in organisations
Prerequisites: UU-BA-IND100, UU-FNT-103
Prerequisites Categories: Year 1
Typical Module duration: 7.0 Week(s)