ProgrammesModule: Advanced Macroeconomics
Course Title: Advanced Macroeconomics
Course Code: UU-ECO-4018-MW
Programme: Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Economics and Business - MW
This module is a continuation of Macroeconomics into more in-depth study of the specific discipline and enabling students to explore more complex issues and topics regarding the larger picture of the economy such as overall growth, standard of living, unemployment etc.
The aim of the module is to introduce students to National Income Accounting, Macroeconomic Policy Objectives and Tools.
Module Learning Outcomes
After completion of the module students should be able to:
- Explain National Income Accounting and the main Macroeconomic Policy Objectives and Tools.
- Analyse growth and growth policy, aggregate demand and supply.
- Discuss wages, prices, unemployment and inflation interrelationship.
- Explain income and spending policies/models, consumption and savings, investments and investment spending the demand for money and monetary policy, central bank functions and intervention
- Assess the impact of “big events” on macroeconomic policy.
Prerequisites: UU-BA-IND100, UU-FNT-103
Prerequisites Categories: Year 1, Year 2, Year 3
Typical Module duration: 7.0 Week(s)