Strategic Marketing ManagementModule Details
Course Title: Strategic Marketing Management
Course Code: UU-MBA-726-MW
Strategic Marketing Management encompasses marketing strategy elements and their integration. Focus will be upon developing the student’s abilities to apply various principles and theories to specific problems. Competitive marketing strategies are introduced and theories are applied to different economic environments as well as to different competitive environments. Through encouraging a practical approach to strategy, students engage in interactive problem solving and contemporary case analysis.
The module aims to help students to develop an appreciation for the relationship between marketing and the other functional areas of business, and to develop marketing strategies and plans that fit a variety of market environments.
Module Learning Outcomes
After completion of the module students should be able to:
- Explain marketing and associated strategy concepts and ideas
- Compare and contrast the key principles of marketing strategy
- Analyse a case following standard case analysis procedure
- Interpret marketing research to make improved marketing decisions
- Analyze a competitive market and recommend an appropriate market entry strategy for a product or service, along with appropriate pricing recommendations;
- Develop a marketing strategy using an understanding of customer behaviour
- Design an appropriate channel of distribution for a product, including retail distribution;
- Recommend the appropriate metrics to measure performance for a variety of online campaigns;
- Apply knowledge of sales management and institutional buying in order to craft an appropriate approach and offer to an institutional buyer;
- Apply sales analysis to determine whether to target future growth domestically or internationally, and determine the viability of launching an established product into a new international market.
- Think strategically about marketing issues and provide recommendations
- Prepare a professional, logical and coherent report in the form of a marketing plan
Prerequisites Categories: -
Typical Module duration: 7.0 Week(s)