ProgrammesModule: Quality Management
Course Title: Quality Management
Course Code: UU-SCM-2100-MW
Programme: Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Supply Chain Management and Logistics - MW
This course is designed to introduce front line managers to the theory and practice of Quality
Management. It will also help students to develop the skills to apply the tasks and techniques to the continuous improvement initiatives in the workplace. In addition, it will provide insight and understanding to the linkage of quality management to main stream management theories.
The main objectives of the course are:
- To explain the different meanings of the quality concept and its influence.
- To describe, distinguish and use the several techniques and quality management tools.
- To explain and distinguish the normalization, homologation and certification activities.
- To identify the elements that are part of the quality measuring process in the industry.
- To predict the errors in the measuring process, distinguishing its nature and the root causes.
- To justify whether or not a measuring process fulfils the established quality requirements.
- To understand and calculate the correction and uncertainty parameters as a result of aninstrument calibration.
- To explain the regulation and the phases of a quality system certification process.
Prerequisites: UU-BA-IND100, UU-FNT-103