ProgrammesModule: Public Relations
Course Title: Public Relations
Course Code: UU-MKT-3000
Programme: Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Business Administration - MW
Objectives of the Course:
- Understand the key concepts and underlying philosophy of the public relations discipline.
- Comprehend the management and organization processes of PR.
- Understand the strategic use of public relations in adding value to integrated marketing programs.
- Understand the uses of public relations to attain marketing objectives.
- Understand the key principles and tools of MPR
- Understand the strategic planning process of MPR
- Understand the evaluation process of MPR
1. apply the underlying ideas and tools of public relations (PR) and marketing public relations (MPR) (students should be able to identify the key principles that highlight PR and MPR as well as the tools and methods for implementing them)
2. illustrate the role of PR and MPR in integrated marketing communication programs. (students should be able to show the value of PR in the promotional mix and appreciate its importance in IMC programs)
3. define and state the strategic planning and evaluation processes of PR and MPR (students should be able to appreciate the importance of the planning and evaluation processes to the successful implementation of PR and MPR)
4. classify and categorize the uses of public relations in attaining marketing objectives (students should be able to comprehend the interrelationship between PR and Marketing as well as PR’s contribution/role in achieving marketing objectives)
Prerequisites: UU-BA-IND100, UU-FNT-103