ProgrammesModule: Computer Graphics
Course Title: Computer Graphics
Course Code: UU-COM-3007
Programme: Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Computer Science - MW - BL
Objectives of the Course:
• Introduce students to the design and construction of models that represent information in ways that support the creation and viewing of images.
• Provide practical experience to two-dimensional and three-dimensional transformations, i.e. scaling, rotations, translation, and sheering,
• Introduce students to the design of devices and techniques through which a person may interact with the model or the view.
• Introduce students to techniques for rendering a model, and the design of ways the image may be presented.
• Provide practical experience to API programming using OpenGL.
• Introduce students to a three-dimensional environment for enhancing interaction between a human user and a computer-created world.
• Distinguish the capabilities of different levels of graphics software and describe the appropriateness of each.
• Create images using a standard graphics API.
• Use the facilities provided by a standard API to express basic transformations such as scaling, rotation, translation, and sheering.
• Describe the appropriateness of graphics architecture for given applications.
• Explain the function of different input devises.
• Compare and contrast the techniques of raster graphics and vector graphics.
• Use current hardware and software for creating and displaying graphics.
• Create simple polyhedral models by surface tessellation.
• Construct CSG models from simple primitives, such as cubes and quadric surfaces.
• Generate a mesh representation from an implicit surface.
• Explain the operation of Bresenham algorithm for rendering a line or pixelbased display.
• Demonstrate rendering techniques by creating an image using API.
• Describe how a graphics image has been created.
Prerequisites: UU-ACG-1000, UU-MKT-2000, UU-MAN-2010, UU-BBA-2000, UU-ENG-1000, UU-ENG-1001, UU-ENG-1005, UU-COM-1000, UU-MTH-1000, UU-MTH-1005, UU-MTH-2000, UU-MTH-3000, UU-COM-1100, UU-COM-1101, UU-COM-2004, UU-COM-1103, UU-COM-2000, UU-COM-2001, UU-COM-2002, UU-COM-2003, UU-COM-3000, UU-COM-3002, UU-COM-3003, UU-COM-3004, UU-COM-3005, UU-COM-3008, UU-COM-4001, UU-COM-4002, UU-COM-4003, UU-COM-4004, UU-COM-4008, UU-COM-4009, UU-COM-4010, UU-BA-IND100, UU-FNT-103, UU-BBA-2010-BCS, UU-BBA-1000-BCS