ProgrammesModule: Introduction to Algebra
Course Title: Introduction to Algebra
Course Code: UU-MTH-1000
Programme: Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Computer Science - MW - BL
Objectives of the Course:
• Develop the methods for solving linear equations and inequalities in one variable.
• Provide students with deep knowledge of linear systems.
• Provide students with deep knowledge of polynomials and polynomial equations.
• Provide students with deep knowledge of rational expressions.
1. Solve linear equations in one variable and systems of linear equations in twovariables.
2. Solve linear inequalities in one variable.
3. Carry out operations involving polynomials, to factor polynomials and to solvepolynomial equations.
4. Carry out operations involving rational expressions and to solve rational expression equations.
5. Sketch the graph of a linear equation.
Prerequisites: UU-BA-IND100, UU-FNT-103