ProgrammesModule: Mobile Computing
Course Title: Mobile Computing
Course Code: UU-COM-4023-MW
Programme: Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Computer Science - MW
This module is designed to provide comprehensive detail of mobile communication technology. It explains how mobile communication works, how the phone network operates. It also explains on radio frequency fundamentals. Development of mobile application using Android platform is also highlighted.
The aim of this module is to give students a thorough understanding of mobile technology, how the mobile communication infrastructure has evolved over time. It also aims to provide the comprehensive insight into developing applications running on mobile devices and demonstrate programming skills for managing tasks on mobile devices.
Module Learning Outcomes
After completing the module students should be able to:
- Apply data communicating methods and networking protocols for wireless and mobile environments
- Categorise the various wireless modulation protocols
- Describe different cellular phone protocols such as GSM and CDMA
- Compare the various mobile phone network technologies
- Explain frequencies for radio transmission
- Describe the working of antennas and signal propagation
- Describe the Transmission Medium Access Control
- Analyse the requirements of Mobile programming environment
- Write mobile phone applications
- Analyze security issues of mobile and wireless computing systems.
Prerequisites: UU-BA-IND100, UU-FNT-103
Prerequisites Categories: Year 1, Year 2, Year 3
Typical Module duration: 7.0 Week(s)