ProgrammesModule: Taxation and Tax Planning
Course Title: Taxation and Tax Planning
Course Code: UU-ACG-4210-MW
Programme: Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Accounting - MW
Taxation and Tax planning are vital aspects of the economy and during this module, students will be able to apply key techniques and principles in order to prepare tax forms and go through all the necessary procedures the taxation system requires.
This module aims at enhancing students’ knowledge and skills in Taxation and Tax Planning.
Module Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this module, students should be able to;
1. Explain the objectives of tax planning
2. Determine taxable income and tax liability of various categories of persons.
3. Analyze emerging issues in taxation of incomes.
4. Analyze Taxable Income(s)
5. Prepare moderately difficult income tax returns.
6. Demonstrate knowledge of the impact taxes on a business’ financial decision.
7. Deal with tax planning issues in income tax.
Prerequisites: UU-BA-IND100, UU-FNT-103