ProgrammesModule: Ethics and Corporate Governance
Course Title: Ethics and Corporate Governance
Course Code: UU-ACG-3000-MW
Programme: Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Accounting - MW
This module introduces students to Corporate Governance as a key part of the pursuit of proper and efficient practice in the administration of business entities also the ethical aspects of individuals and corporate decision making in business.
The aim of this module is to develop the student’s awareness and understanding a range of current ethical and governance issues in relation to business.
Module Learning Outcomes
After completing the module students should be able to:
- Explain and evaluate the importance of corporate and professional responsibility and ethical behaviour
- Apply diagnostic skills when examining and assessing CSR and environmental and social reporting
- Research and evaluate responsibilities of governance and how they are operating in complex environments.
- Critically evaluate the concepts and mechanics of internal auditing that are applied to determine and ensure compliance with corporate governance and ethical policies
- Consolidate and extend your ability in researching and information gathering, including the library and electronic search material
- Demonstrate an ability to write and debate about aspects of business ethics and corporate governance in a manner that is analytical, logical and critical.
Prerequisites: UU-BA-IND100, UU-FNT-103