ProgrammesModule: Financial Reporting and Practice
Course Title: Financial Reporting and Practice
Course Code: UU-ACG-3600-MW
Programme: Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Accounting - MW
The module exposes students to the practice of financial reporting and preparing financial statements. Students will also be able to gain an in-depth understanding of financial accounting concepts regarding the preparation of financial reports.
This module aims at imparting students with techniques used in preparing financial statements, understand more advanced financial accounting concepts and principles through the preparation and interpretation and enable learners to understand the regulatory framework for financial reporting.
Module Learning Outcomes
After completing the module students should be able to:
1. Appraise and apply scientific accounting concepts and theories to practical workplace situations.
2. Evaluate and apply the regulatory framework of financial reporting.
3. Prepare financial statements for different entities that comply with the relevant accounting standards, companies’ legislation and other related regulations.
4. Prepare group financial statements that may include an associated company or joint venture.
5. Analyze, interpret and report on financial statements and related information to a range of stakeholders.
Prerequisites: UU-BA-IND100, UU-FNT-103
Typical Module duration: 7.0 Week(s)