ProgrammesModule: Corporate and Business Law
Course Title: Corporate and Business Law
Course Code: UU-LAW-3300-MW
Programme: Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Accounting - MW
This module aims to introduce students into basic concepts regarding the law, and particularly the Business and Corporate Law. In addition, students will be able to distinguish legal cases in the economic world and develop legal thinking.
This module aims at familiarizing students with the Principles of Corporate Law, helping them understand the practical application of these principles and developing students’ critical and legal thinking skills.
Module Learning Outcomes
After completing the module students should be able to:
1. Explain and analyze the importance of contract law and to make them aware of the requirements for the formation of a contract, of the remedies for breach of contract and of the main principles of contract law.
2. Elaborate on the different types of partnerships and to compare partnerships with companies and sole traders.
3. Explain the various types of companies.
4. Distinguish between the role of the board and the role of the shareholder.
5. Compare between shares and debentures.
6. Apply the procedure to register and liquidate a company.
Prerequisites: UU-BA-IND100, UU-FNT-103
Prerequisites Categories: Year 1, Year 2
Typical Module duration: 7.0 Week(s)