ProgrammesModule: Business Communication
Course Title: Business Communication
Course Code: UU-BBA-1007-MW
Programme: Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Accounting - MW
This module introduces students to the principles of Business communications. It will enable students to develop key communication skills, oral, non-verbal and written to assist them to communicate effectively in business settings.
This module aims to enable students to be able to identify, communication patterns that lead to effective communication; patterns that create barriers to good communication, and explore strategies to reduce or eliminate barriers to effective communication.
Module Learning Outcomes
After completing the module students should be able to:
- Select and apply specific communication skills to meet the demands of the business micro and macro environment
- Plan, design and deliver effective oral presentations, using appropriate medium for current business practices
- Produce professional documentation following accepted conventions of design, structure and content which is grammatically and technically correct
- Demonstrate an understanding and have the skills to communicate and operate effectively in a co-operative working environment
- Discuss contemporary communication issues and their impact on communication processes in organisations
Prerequisites: UU-BA-IND100, UU-FNT-103