ProgrammesModule: Money and Banking
Course Title: Money and Banking
Course Code: UU-FNE-3006-MW
Programme: Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Finance - MW - BL
To provide the students with a comprehensive understanding of the financial markets and the functions and operations of various financial institutions. In addition, students will be able to analyze these functions and proceed with monetary policies.
This module aims at providing students with knowledge of financial markets, functions and operations of financial institutions and gain knowledge of analysing the goals and functions of central banks and the conduct of monetary policy.
Module Learning Outcomes
After completing the module students should be able to:
1. Analyze financial markets and the importance of money.
2. Explain how interest rates are determined.
3. Perform an assessment of the structure of financial institutions.
4. Trace the process of central banking and the conduct of monetary policy.
5. Define international finance and the relationship to monetary policy.
Prerequisites: UU-BA-IND100, UU-FNT-103