ProgrammesModule: International Financial Management
Course Title: International Financial Management
Course Code: UU-FNE-2005-MW
Programme: Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Finance - MW - BL
This module exposes students to international financial procedures, exchange rates analysis and forecasting. Students will also be introduced to concepts of international financial institutions and trade as well as how to finance these institutions.
This module aims at introducing students with concepts of international financial institutions, international trade and the needs to finance it, concepts of international capital and money markets and how they are used in international finance, concept and the analytical approach to country risk analysis in with foreign investment strategy and analysis and understanding of international finance.
Module Learning Outcomes
After completing the module students should be able to:
1. Apply techniques to forecast exchange rates.
2. Demonstrate knowledge of the concepts of multinational enterprises, foreign investment, and balance of payments effects.
3. Distinguish between international capital and money markets.
4. Analyze foreign investment opportunities and decisions.
5. Discuss and analyze multinational corporate strategies.
6. Explain the importance of international finance in international trade.
Prerequisites: UU-BA-IND100, UU-FNT-103