ProgrammesModule: Principles of Accounting and Finance
Course Title: Principles of Accounting and Finance
Course Code: UU-ACG-2100-MW
Programme: Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Finance - MW - BL
During this module the students will be able to gain an in-depth knowledge of basic accounting and finance principles and concepts necessary for main accounting and financial procedures.
This module aims at equipping students with concepts that determine how businesses are organized and governed and how they function; it provides knowledge of managerial aspects in an organization; the importance of financing and regulatory issues; and the different sources of financing available for individuals businesses.
Module Learning Outcomes
After completing the module students should be able to:
1. Assess the purpose and types of business organizations and main stakeholders and their needs.
2. Evaluate the external factors affecting business which include Political, Economic, Legal, Social, Technological and Environmental.
3. Discuss different organizational structures and designs.
4. Discuss the organizational culture in business, committees in business organization.
5. Assess corporate governance and corporate social responsibility of an organization.
6. Discuss different managerial styles, behaviors and leadership styles.
7. Discuss the team building process and individual and group motivation techniques.
Prerequisites: UU-BA-IND100, UU-FNT-103