ProgrammesModule: Financial Management
Course Title: Financial Management
Course Code: UU-FNE-1003-MW
Programme: Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Finance - MW - BL
The module exposes students to the ways in which financial management techniques work and
their suitability on certain organizations. Students will also explore how financial resources are
acquired for internal purposes as well as how to control the secured funds within the organization.
This module aims at enhancing students with knowledge of understanding of
management techniques suitable for all commercial organizations, how financial resources are
acquired from external capital markets and generated from internal operations and examining the
effective utilization and control of funds within the organization.
Module Learning Outcomes
After completing the module students should be able to:
1. Explain the role and purpose of financial management.
2. Evaluate the overall management of working capital
3. Evaluate appropriate sources of finance for particular situations.
4. Appraise capital investment through the use of appropriate methods.
5. Prepare budgets and use them to control and evaluate organizational performance.
6. Communicate the results of their analysis in an appropriate form to all interested parties.
Prerequisites: UU-BA-IND100, UU-FNT-103