ProgrammesModule: Human Resource
Course Title: Human Resource
Course Code: UU-MAN-4000-BBA
Programme: Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Business Administration - MW - BL
Objectives of the Course:
· Collection and analysis of data for the purpose of resolving issues directly relatedto human resource management;
· Development of intrapersonal and interpersonal skills;
· Confidence when interacting with others in a number of organizational settings;
· Communication, both orally and in writing;
· Problem – solving;
· Effective use of resources in order to ‘learn how to learn.’
1. Develop strategic recruitment/selection policies and practices.
2. Perform an effective job analysis.
3. Prepare a job description.
4. Prepare a job specification.
5. Develop effective job design processes and procedures.
6. Prepare and perform effective selection interviews.
7. Perform a training needs analysis.
8. Develop and implement effective training programmes.
9. Evaluate jobs in order to determine salary/wage scales.
10. Develop and implement effective disciplinary processes and procedures.
11. Utilize employee associations for better business results.
12. Manage employer/employer negotiations so as to avoid conflict situations in the workplace.
13. Analyze health and safety issues in the workplace for better employee performance.
14. Evaluate the legal environment and its impact on the workplace.
Prerequisites: UU-BA-IND100, UU-FNT-103