Course Title: Strategy
Course Code: UU-BBA-4020-BHM
Programme: Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Hospitality Management - MW - BL
Objectives of the Course:
• make students aware of the various business disciplines
• how to integrate their knowledge
• apply this knowledge to the planning and managing of strategic business activities.
• explore the management and strategy concepts and analytical techniques
• build on and expose students to the general management ‘big picture’, thereby providing a cross-functional and strategic perspective.
• stress the interrelationships between different aspects of the organisation and the integrated nature of strategy.
• integrate their knowledge of the various business disciplines and to apply this knowledge to the planning and managing of strategic business activities.
• Analyse the external environment and its impact on the organisation
• Assess the internal environment and strategic change issues facing an organization
• Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the business environment and strategic considerations it raises
• Apply theory, models, frameworks and decision-making tools to identify key issues and make recommendations based on your findings.
• Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of selecting and adopting various strategic options which characterize the competitive business environment.
• The ability to analyse case studies on aspects of strategic management
Prerequisites: UU-ACG-1000, UU-MKT-2000, UU-MAN-2010, UU-BBA-2000, UU-ENG-1000, UU-ENG-1001, UU-ENG-1005, UU-COM-1000, UU-MTH-1000, UU-MTH-1005, UU-MTH-2000, UU-MTH-3000, UU-HOM-1000, UU-HOM-1010, UU-HOM-2010, UU-HOM-2020, UU-HOM-3000, UU-HOM-3005, UU-HOM-3010, UU-HRM-2000, UU-HRM-2037, UU-HRM-2045, UU-HRM-3040, UU-HRM-3070, UU-HRM-2046, UU-BA-IND100, UU-FNT-103, UU-ACG-1001-BHM, UU-PSH-1000-BHM, UU-PSH-1100-BHM, UU-SOC-1000-BHM, UU-MAN-4000-BHM