ProgrammesModule: Food Services
Course Title: Food Services
Course Code: UU-HRM-3070
Programme: Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Hospitality Management - MW
Objectives of the Course:
• Introduce students to the planning, organizing and operational aspects of conventional and non-conventional events operations.
• Provide students with knowledge, skills, creativity and specific techniques in Food Services in Special Events.
• Help students manage and administer a range of special events, banquets and conventions, ensuring customer satisfaction, food quality and safety.
1. Develop general knowledge on the origins and development of banqueting, events and foodservice.
2. Identify the nature and type of special events and conventions and the scope of their operation.
3. Describe basic principles of food and beverage planning to satisfy needs of the audience, participants, staff and other stakeholders.
4. Identify systems and procedures for foodservices management, procurement and control in special events and conventions.
5. Recognize internal regulations and external legislation governing provision of foodservices for special events and conventions.
6. Develop needs assessment strategy to trace and manage key stages in special events and conventions coordination.
7. Apply knowledge/concepts of events and banqueting management to real world situations in individual and team-based work.
Prerequisites: UU-ACG-1000, UU-MKT-2000, UU-MAN-2010, UU-BBA-2000, UU-ENG-1000, UU-ENG-1001, UU-ENG-1005, UU-COM-1000, UU-MTH-1000, UU-MTH-1005, UU-MTH-2000, UU-MTH-3000, UU-HOM-1000, UU-HRM-2045, UU-BA-IND100, UU-FNT-103, UU-ACG-1001-BHM