ProgrammesModule: Hospitality IT Systems
Course Title: Hospitality IT Systems
Course Code: UU-HOM-3000
Programme: Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Hospitality Management - MW
Objectives of the Course:
• Help to prepare students to meet the challenges associated with Hospitality
Information Systems with in the Hospitality Industry.
• Gain an insight into workings of computer systems used in the hospitality industry
• Identify the use and knowledge in the significance of information technology to
• Introduce and apply training on Point of Sale Systems.
• Describe the basic functions common to property management systems
• Identify, describe and differentiate between both front house and backhouse
property management system modules.
• Identify stand alone technology systems that may interface with PMS
• Describe the basic functions of a point of sale system(POS)
• Identify and Describe system input, output, external storage and hardware
• Distinguish global distribution systems from internet distribution systems and
distinguish affiliated from non-affiliated reservation systems.
• Identify and describe the functions and features performed by a central
reservation system and the reservation system of a property management system.
• Describe and interpret management reports that pertain to reservation systems.
• Identify features and functions of the Rooms management and Guest accounting applications modules.
• Identify features and functions of an energy management system, point of sale
system, call accounting system, electronic locking systems, guest operated
devices and relevant interface systems
• Identify and describe the features and functions of point of sale technology.
• Identify describe and explain the features and functions of the Food and beverage
applications, and accounting applications
• Identify describe and explain the purpose of information management as it
pertains to the industry, how systems are selected and what are the requirements
• Identify environmental, electronic, and operational threats to information
systems and how to implement systems security.
Prerequisites: UU-ACG-1000, UU-MKT-2000, UU-MAN-2010, UU-BBA-2000, UU-ENG-1000, UU-ENG-1001, UU-ENG-1005, UU-COM-1000, UU-MTH-1000, UU-MTH-1005, UU-MTH-2000, UU-MTH-3000, UU-HOM-1000, UU-HOM-1010, UU-HOM-2010, UU-HOM-2020, UU-HRM-2000, UU-HRM-2045, UU-HRM-3070, UU-BA-IND100, UU-FNT-103, UU-ACG-1001-BHM