ProgrammesModule: Communication for business
Course Title: Communication for business
Course Code: UU-BBA-2000
Programme: Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Hospitality Management - MW
Objectives of the Course:
• help students develop skills necessary to work within a business-orientated context
• facilitate students’ develop of business communication skills in the areas of business correspondence (i.e. letter format, open punctuation, notes, memoranda, emails, tone, writing and public speaking) and key business terminology and concepts.
1. write a variety of fully-blocked letters that use open punctuation and the four-point plan.
2. create a range of buy/sell documents with their corresponding cover letters
3. produce professional emails that use netiquette
4. write different kinds of letters of application and CVs, testimonials
5. create business memos, meeting documentation, itineraries, and a wide collection of publicity materials
6. confidently describe data
7. prepare and give a business presentation
Prerequisites: UU-MAN-2010, UU-ENG-1000, UU-ENG-1001, UU-COM-1000, UU-MTH-1000, UU-BA-IND100, UU-FNT-103