ProgrammesModule: Managerial Accounting
Course Title: Managerial Accounting
Course Code: UU-ACG-1002
Programme: Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Business Administration - MW
Objectives ofthe Course:
•Introduce students to the area of managerial accounting and to fundamental managerial accounting concepts
•Expose students to methods and techniques needed by managers for performing functions such as planning, controlling, directing and motivating and decision making.
•Provides students with knowledge for performing functions such as planning, decision making and controlling
•Expose students to basic cost term inology and discuss the various costing systems
•Provide students with knowledge for cost analysis,CVP analysis,budget preparation and basic costing.
1. Criticallyassessthe importanceand role ofmanagerial accountingin thebusiness environment.
2. Criticallycompareandevaluatethe natureof costs, their classification andtheir behavior.
3. Utilize cost behavior forcost estimation
4. Perform a cost-volume-profitanalysis
5. Applyprofit planningbydeveloping aMasterBudget
6. Assess theimportanceand roleof costing
7. Utilize costingsystems
Prerequisites: UU-BA-IND100, UU-FNT-103