Course Title: Strategy
Course Code: UU-BBA-2020/4020-MW
Programme: Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Business Administration - MW
Strategy is an organizational management activity used to set priorities, focus energy and resources, strengthen operations, ensure that employees and other stakeholders are working toward common goals, establish agreement around intended outcomes/results, and assess and adjust the organization’s direction in response to a changing environment.
The main objectives of the course are:
- To make students aware of the various business disciplines.
- To teach how to integrate their knowledge.
- To apply this knowledge to the planning and managing of strategic business activities.
- To explore the management and strategy concepts and analytical techniques.
- To build on and expose students to the general management ‘big picture’, thereby providing a cross-functional and strategic perspective.
- To stress the interrelationships between different aspects of the organisation and the integrated nature of strategy.
- To integrate their knowledge of the various business disciplines and to apply this knowledge to the planning and managing of strategic business activities.
Prerequisites: UU-BA-IND100, UU-FNT-103
Typical Module duration: 7.0 Week(s)