ProgrammesModule: Human Resource Management
Course Title: Human Resource Management
Course Code: UU-BBA-3044-MW
Programme: Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Business Administration - MW
The module introduces key aspects of human resource management so that the student understands the legal aspects, best practice management approaches and best practice administrative processes involved in human resource management, and can relate these to both the needs of the institution and the employee.
This module aims to provide students with key principles and knowledge of how best to manage human resources for the benefit of both the employer and the employee.
Module Learning Outcomes
After completing the module students should be able to:
- Explain the value of personnel as an organizational resource;
- Discuss the fundamental aspects of human resource management;
- Identify the legal parameters of managing people ;
- Develop strategic processes of recruitment, selection, placement and training
- Apply best practice processes of recruitment, selection, placing and training;
- Discuss how performance management and control measures contribute to the effectiveness of an organization;
- Evaluate jobs in order to determine salary/wage scales.
- Develop and implement effective disciplinary processes and procedures.
- Manage employer/employee negotiations so as to avoid conflict situations in the workplace.
- Analyse health and safety issues in the workplace for better
- Analyse and address the challenges faced in human resource management
Prerequisites: UU-BA-IND100, UU-FNT-103
Prerequisites Categories: Year 1, Year 2
Typical Module duration: 7.0 Week(s)