ProgrammesModule: Operations Management
Course Title: Operations Management
Course Code: UU-MAN-1120/3010-MW
Programme: Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Business Administration - MW
This module considers the essential, underlying theory and concepts that are involved in the operations management of an organization, as well as to how they can maintain it successful and functional.
The main objectives of the course are:
- To introduce students to the basic concepts of operations management.
- To introduce students to the transformation process that converts organizational resources to finished products.
- To help student understand the nature of the external business environment and its effect on the organization.
- To help students understand the systemic nature of organizations.
- To develop students’ critical thinking and their ability to develop an argument and to defend a position.
- To encourage students to engage in debates on management issues, including controversial management topics.
Prerequisites: UU-BA-IND100, UU-FNT-103
Prerequisites Categories: Year 1, Year 2
Typical Module duration: 7.0